Planning a Casino themed wedding or Las Vegas themed wedding? Fantastic!
I want to help you infuse passion into your special day.
To make your research easier, I have gathered and created over 100 practical ideas (from details to big decisions) covering:
- casino themed wedding invitations,
- colors, decors and centerpieces,
- casino themed favors,
- ceremony and clothes,
- party details, cake toppers,
- and much more!
All you need to create an unforgettable casino wedding in Las Vegas or not!
This article contains affiliate Links (see Disclosure page). If you purchase using my link, I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Theme, Venue and colors
Casino or Las Vegas Theme
There is no obligation to head to Las Vegas to create a Casino or Las Vegas themed wedding.
You can create the fun and ambiance anywhere and choose your own touch of style!
It can be just discreet touches of Vegas fun or a full-blown casino party.
And you can focus your theme around:
- Entire casino ambiance with chips, neons and all sorts of games
- Card playing
- Dices games and slots machines
- The Vegas strip
One of the first decision to make it the color scheme since stationery, flowers, decors and all will be relating to that decision.
If you don't have any ideas, I recommend you look at invitations in the next section and see what appeals to you most.
- Black, white and gold + touches of red - for an elegant casino room
- Black and red - for the stack of playing cards
- White, black and the accent color of your choice - that can go on the casino chips, for example
- Black and neon colors
Special venue ideas
You can have a Casino themed wedding anywhere. It is all in the decor.
However, you can consider venues that fit best with your theme, such as:
- A casino,
- A venue in Las Vegas,
- Any large rooms with tall ceilings and chandeliers
Careful: I list a lot of ideas, but don't go overboard with your theme!
Casino themed wedding invitations
The invitations and the stationery are some of the most important ways to convey the Casino theme or Vegas theme of your wedding and how special it will be.
Design Elements to take into consideration to be in accordance with your theme are:
- The drawings or pictures -
Dices, playing cards, Vegas sign, roulettes, slot machines...
- The font -
All fonts can work
For a crazy night style, Neon style fonts such as Enlighten or Neonblitz
For vintage, you can find older looking fonts with embellishments such as Chester or retro style font such as Retro Lightbulb
- The shape -
The rectangular shape is great of a playing card styled invitation.
And a circle can allow you to create a casino chip style invitation
- Special Casino theme related words -
Lucky in love
The perfect pair
Here's the deal
- Son't forget to inform your guests if you are planning a flamboyant black-tie party so that they can dress accordingly.
Here are some inspiring examples.
Most have complete suites of Casino themed wedding stationery.
Once opened, click on personalize to add your wedding's information :
Overall casino themed WEDDING invitation
Let's start with invitations that cover all aspects of a casino: cards, dice, signs, chips...
A fun option is to send invitations in the shape of a casino chips.
Guests will be in the mood right away!
Card players - Poker themed wedding
If your favorite games are with cards, for example, if you want a poker themed wedding, you can choose invitations that are designed to look like playing cards.
Dices and slot machine
If cards are not your favorite, you can also find invitations with dice or slot machine designs.
Las vegas wedding
And if you are planning your wedding in Las Vegas, you can also choose invitation specific to the strip.
Careful, even if your theme is Las Vegas, if the wedding does not take place there, don't write Vegas on the invitation. It will create confusion!
Or you can opt for themed but classic stationery options with your picture in a Casino or in Las Vegas.
Here are some beautiful examples :
Don't forget to consider, as applicable, the:
- Save the date
- Wedding invitations
- RSVP cards
- Bridal shower invitations
- Rehearsal dinner invitations
Stickers for the envelopes
The details can also be important.
When the person received the invitation, seeing a special themed sticker or a wax sealed at the back of the envelope can already trigger excitement!
Here are some examples:
Other formal invitations
You can also have fun in relation to your proposal to be groomsmen, bridesmaids, best man, maid of honour, ring bearer, flower girl...
Here are some examples:
Casino wedding decors
Casino themed centerpieces ideas
It is with centerpieces that you can have a lot of fun around your theme.
I have tried to collect ideas that you can order, personalize or make yourself.
- spread confetti or casino chips on a white table cloth
- sparkly decks of cards
- personalized playing cards, unique dice, or customized playing chips.
or you can just embrace the colors without being obvious
- tall vase full of white, black and gold beads
- gold vase and giant feathers (or the same with black and white (see example)
- gold candelabra
- Candles (see next section)
Candles & holders
You can also set up candles to add to the atmosphere.
You can consider 3 types of candles to decorate your wedding:
- Candles with casino theme drawings, and your wedding date
- Candles with a picture of you playing at a casino
- Simple candles just for lighting and mood
And if you don't want to risk of fire, but do want the ambiance, consider some flameless candles:
Table decor elements
The rest of the elements on the table can also be chosen around your theme.
But don't go overboard.
Always remember to remove one accessory when you are finished.
Consider choosing themed:
- Napkins in accordance with you stationary, or of single color
- Themed name card holders such as dices
- Table numbers or names like playing cards
- Sparkly table runners
Decors for the rest of the rooms / venues
The table is not the only place where you can have fun with the decor.
Lighting will play an important role - spotlights and candles can play an important role.
All around the events, you can include small touches of Vegas decors:
Greet your guests with a themed welcome sign:
And consider adding a backdrops to a wall, that an also be a place for cool pictures of the guest:
No specific suggestions in terms of flowers.
Ceremony and clothes
Officiant & program
If you are not going the traditional religious route, you can have fun with the officiant and the ceremony program.
Here are some ideas:
- An impersonator as an officiant
- Create wedding programs in the same theme as your stationery
- If it takes place on a hot summer day, why not print you wedding programs on hand-fans!
Dress and clothes
Choose the dress you really want. This should not be about the theme, but about you. Wear what makes you happy!
Depending on the style of your wedding, you can consider both long and short dresses.
However, volume might not work well with the decor that is already opulent. A dress closer to the body would fit better with the theme, in my opinion.
Get inspired by Casino Royale for example.
Avoid a red and black dress, as it will look like the Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
Again, you can go long or short. No issues.
Go for a simple line, light fabrics... Strapless would work great, but make sure your bridesmaids are comfortable with that, it is not for everyone.
Groom and groomsmen
Black suits and white shirt.
You can keep the clothes simple so that everyone feels comfortable and beautiful, but go a little wilder with accessories.
For the women, consider:
- gold hair accessories
- faux-fur wraps
- cards or dice themed jewelry
For the men, consider:
- fedora hat
- feather boutonniere
- fun socks (they are hidden)
- themed tie clip
No specific recommendation.
If you don't want flowers, consider a crystal bouquet or something with gold painted branches and leaves.
No special suggestions for the ring itself.
But for the ring bearer to carry the rings, you can have fun:
Casino and gambling themed vows ideas
If you are writing your own vows, you can include some gambling related words or sentences to make the audience smile and your partner swoon.
Here are some ideas:
Fun Casino or Vegas themed wedding photo ideas
Now, it's time to take pictures of the couple and the wedding party.
You will, of course, start with the classic pictures, but then you can also have fun.
Here are some ideas:
- Playing with giant cards
- Gambling and having fun around a table
- Playing with giant dices
- In front of the backgrounds listed in the decor section
Las Vegas themed wedding ideas for the party
Creating a fun seating chart is one of the easiest way to include your theme in your wedding.
Here are some ideas for casino themed seating charts:
- name the tables after the various games in a casino
- name the tables after famous card moves or winning hands
- or simply add themed decorations to your seating chart:
Or you can keep a traditional-looking seating chart:
Cake shapes and Casino themed cake toppers
With the cake, you can also have a lot of fun around your theme:
Option 1 - Traditional cake with decor
You can have traditional cakes but with:
- a few casino-related decors such as chips, cards.....
- a fun cake toppers with bride and groom
- Or you can personalize a traditional cake topper with your photo
- with edibles dices, cards and chips
Option 2 - Theme-shaped cake
You can have a cake in a fun shape but with a much simpler topper so that it is not overwhelming:
- in the shape of a playing card
- in the shape of dices
- in the shape of a giant casino chip
- cookies like casino chips
Food / Menu
No specific suggestions in terms of food.
However buffet would work well with a Vegas theme.
The menu can be printed on beautiful themed stationery:
If you are a bridesmaid, groomsman, or a parent of the happy couple, you may have to give a speech.
A great wedding speech makes people say ohhhhhh and laugh.
The ohhhh part will come from personal stories about the couple.
But to make the audience laugh, the theme can be very useful.
Here are some jokes you could include:
Don't forget to have a guest book for people to write you special message you will enjoy reading and re-reading later in life.
You can go with a traditional guest book or you can imagine something more unique and creative.
- guests can write on themed guest books
- guests can write on cards in the shape of playing cards and place them in a dice-shaped box on in a transparent vase
Activities - Entertainment - Music
And finally, to keep everyone entertain, you can plan for fun activities during the wedding.
Not all of them have to be related to your theme, but a few could be.
Here are some examples:
- A trivia challenge around casinos or the movie Casino royale
- A modified version of "him/me or her/me" (asking questions who is most...) - where question are about gambling situation
- Themed photo booth with props and the backdrop I listed earlier
- Henna station to get temporary dice or card tattoos
- Find the dice or playing card bingo - where each box on the card includes a type of dices or playing cards they can find in the decors (with a broken corner, with a red dot on it...)
- Get one or several boards (chalk or white) to create casino related word search games
- Get bliss advice from guests - leave a card at their seating place for them to write pieces of advice
And of course - Set up tables to play casino games: roulette, poker...
Either indoor with classic set up or outdoor with giant versions.
Registry / wedding gift ideas
A registry is a curated list of gifts that a couple creates to make the wedding gift experience easier and more guided for their guests.
It is rarely related to the wedding theme and is more focused on building a home together.
You can create a traditional registry, including:
- entertaining furniture or tools (bar cart, wine decanter...)
- home decor
- garden and outdoor cooking supply
These can be created at:
- traditional shops
- on Amazon - see their Wedding registry system (which allows you to list from everything on the store!)
- online registries with cash options
- honeymoon registries
Don't forget to select products with various price points.
Or you can register for cash.
Favors for Casino wedding theme
xx themed favors
It can be really fun to create favors that are products related to your xx theme or at least decorated with your themed designs or pictures.
Classic personalized favors
Or you can opt for the more traditional favors but that you personalize around the theme or just with pictures of you and the date of the wedding.
- match box (the perfect match)
- photo block
- hand sanitizer (spread love not germs)
- candy box
- mint box (mint to be)
- liquor bottle
- chocolate bar
Favor boxes and tags
Once again, you can personalize with a picture of your (themed or not) and find a box with decors related to your theme.
Here are some examples:
Other wedding events
Bridal showers and Bachelor Parties
The showers and parties don't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to carry out the theme, you could consider:
- a Vegas Trip
- a casino themed party
- a poker class
The rehearsal dinner doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to apply for it as well, you can use all the ideas already listed in this article.
Once again, the honeymoon doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But you can keep enjoying your passion.
You could consider:
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Macau, China
- Niagara Falls, Canada
- Salzburg, Austria
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Aruba in the Caribbean