Planning a peacock themed wedding? Fantastic!
I want to help you infuse passion into your special day.
To make your research easier, I have gathered and created over 100 ideas (from details to big decisions) covering:
- peacock themed wedding invitations,
- colors, decors and centerpieces,
- peacock themed favors,
- ceremony and clothes,
- party details, cake toppers,
- and much more!
All you need to create an unforgettable peacock wedding!
This article contains affiliate Links (see Disclosure page). If you purchase using my link, I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Venue and colors
The peacock and its resplendent feathers have different meanings for different cultures: aristocracy, knowledge, kindness, luck, patience... But even without that, its beautiful display of colours offers splendid design opportunities which are great for a wedding.
Special venue ideas
You can have a peacock themed wedding anywhere. It is all in the decor.
However, you can consider venues that fit best with your theme, such as:
- outdoor venues such as botanical gardens or estate parks
- a destination wedding where peacocks come from: Sri Lanka, Java or Myanmar
- white tents - because a peacock color is quite colorful, a white venue such as tents in a garden, allows to highlight the feathers and other decorations
But, it is all in the decor. You can really give any room, the majesty of the peacock.
Note: It is possible to bring peacocks to you with animal handler and permits, but I don't recommend it. Let the animal stay where they live in peace.
One of the first decision to make it the color scheme since stationery, flowers, decors and all will be relating to that decision.
If you don't have any ideas, I recommend you look at invitations in the next section and see what appeals to you most.
A peacock wedding theme is bold with intense colors:
- Vivid Blues - turquoise, teal, sapphire, navy
- Greens - emerald to grass color and deep greens
Therefore, I recommend a simple base to complement it such as white or ivory, especially for the tablecloth and chairs.
And you can add accents of gold or black.
Careful: I list a lot of ideas, but don't go overboard with your theme!
Peacock themed wedding invitations
The invitations and the stationery are some of the most important ways to convey the peacock theme of your wedding and how special it will be.
Design Elements to take into consideration to be in accordance with your theme are:
- The drawings or pictures -
Drawings of peacocks
Drawings of feather
Abstract feather-like shapes reminding of a peacock
- The font -
All fonts can work
- The shape -
Since your drawings and colors are going to be bold, I recommend staying simple with the shape. A classic rectangle or square will work well.
- Special peacock theme related words -
proud / pride
Here are some inspiring examples.
Most have complete suites of peacock themed wedding stationery.
Once opened, click on personalize to add your wedding's information :
For a more discreet or modern style, you can also opt for less colorful options or stylized version of the peacock feather.
Or you can opt for themed but classic stationery options with your picture in the peacock colors.
Here are some beautiful examples :
Don't forget to consider, as applicable, the:
- Save the date
- Wedding invitation
- RSVP cards
- Bridal shower invitation
- Rehearsal dinner invitation
Other fun elements
The details can also be important.
When the person received the invitation, seeing a special themed sticker or a wax sealed at the back of the envelope can already trigger excitement!
Here are some examples:
Other formal invitations
You can also have fun in relation to your proposal to be groomsmen, bridesmaids, best man, maid of honour, ring bearer...
Here are some examples:
Peacock wedding decors
Peacock themed centerpieces ideas
It is with centerpieces that you can have a lot of fun around your theme.
I have tried to collect ideas that you can order, personalize or make yourself.
- Tall vases with peacock feathers displayed as a bouquet
- Traditional bouquets mixed with some feathers
- flatter centerpieces were feathers are spread out and mixed with beads or colorful glass
- Peacock themed candle holders
- Sculptures of peacock
- And for the more technology love a 3D peacock light, that you can gift to your wedding party at the end of the wedding.
- Candles (see next section)
You can also add candles to add to the ambiance.
You can consider 3 types of candles to decorate your wedding:
- Candles with peaccik theme drawings, and your wedding date
- Candles with a picture of you surrounded by peacocks, and your wedding date
- Simple candles just for lighting and mood
And if you don't want to risk of fire, but do want the ambiance, consider some flameless candles:
Other table decor elements
The rest of the elements on the table can also be chosen around your theme.
But don't go overboard.
Always remember to remove one accessory when you are finished.
Consider choosing themed:
- Napkins - with designs or white but folded as a peacock
- Name card holders with a peacock feather
- Table numbers or names in a themed frame
- gold tableware
- Wine bottle personalized labels
- Table runners with peacock embroideries
Other decor elements
The table is not the only place where you can have fun with the decor.
All around the events, you can include small touches of peacock decor such as:
- bold balloon displays,
- a beautiful wall backdrop
- statues that you canuse to decorate your garden later
- flower arrangements looking like peacock tails
- walls made of peacock feathers looking like a tail
You can consider:
- Arrangements of white flowers with feathers
- Arrangements of greenery with feathers
But you can decide not to have flowers at all and just add the colors with feathers.
Consider uplighting with turquoise, blue and emerald color sources.
Favors for peacock wedding theme
Peacock themed favors
It can be really fun to create favors that are products related to your peacock theme or at least decorated with related designs or pictures.
Classic personalized favors
Or you can opt for the more traditional favors but that you personalize around the theme or just with pictures of you and the date of the wedding.
- match box (the perfect match)
- photo block
- hand sanitizer (spread love not germs)
- candy box
- mint box (mint to be)
- liquor bottle
- chocolate bar
Favor boxes and tags
Once again, you can personalize with a picture of your (themed or not) and find a box with decors related to your theme.
Here are some examples:
Bridesmaids and groomsmen gift ideas
For your bridesmaids and groomsmen, you can go a little more crazy and have fun within the theme. For example:
Ceremony & clothes
Officiant & program
If you are not going the traditional religious route, you can have fun with the officiant and the ceremony program.
Here are some ideas:
- Ornate wedding programs
- hand fans with the wedding program written on it
- Peacock courting song as the wide walks down the aisle
Peacock theme vows - fun ideas
If you are writing your own vows, you can include some peacock related words or sentences, to make the audience smile and your partner swoon.
Here are some ideas:
- You are the peacock among all the ducks
- The peacock in all his pride does not display half the colors of your amazing personality
- Our story is a beautiful tale / tail
- "It dances today, my heart, like a peacock it dances, it dances." - Rabindranath Tagore.
Dress and clothes
Choose the dress you really want. This should not be about the theme but about you
There are a plenty of variations that could work well
- The bride can really wear a white dress, with just a few peacock related accessories that will stand out (see next section of accessories)
- A long tail is of course, appropriate
- Or pick one of the peacock color for your dress
- Accents of gold are also appropriate
- all shapes will work well
Recommendation is to pick one of the peacock colors such as navy blue or emerald or turquoise and stick with a simple one color dress that complements the decor elements without overwhelming the senses.
Otherwise you could choose a more neutral color and have them wear a colorful wrap in bold blue, green or purple to match the groomsmen vests.
Grooms and Groomsmen
Color should me limited to the tie, bowtie or vest. Again you don't want to go overboard with the theme...
For the women consider:
- colored ribbons
- peacock feathers
- peacock themed jewelry or with blue-green stones
- peacock inspired hairclips or hairpieces
- colorful shoes
For the men consider:
- fun socks with peacocks or feathers
- feather boutonniere
- just a few feathers
- or a white bouquet mixed with a few feathers
- or a bouquet with a single color matching the bridesmaid dresses / groomsmen vest
No special suggestions for the ring.
However you can have them placed on a beautiful personalized pillow or around a feather.
Fun peacock wedding photo ideas
Now, it's time to take pictures of the couple and the wedding party.
You will, of course, start with the classic pictures, but then you can also have fun.
Here are some ideas:
- Hiding behind peacock fans
- laying on the grass in the shape of a spread peacock tail with the bride / groom in the middle as the head
Peacock wedding ideas for the party
Creating a fun seating chart is one of the easiest way to include your theme in your wedding.
Here are some ideas for peacock themed seating charts:
- Table names using the world peacock in various languages - paon (in French), Pfau (in German), pavone (in Italian), pavo real (in Spanish)...
- Table names using the colors of a peacock tail (iridescent blue, emerald, teal, turquoise, navy blue...)
- Or simple numbers but with a decorated chart:
Or you can keep a traditional-looking seating chart:
Cake shapes and peacock cake toppers
With the cake, you can also have a lot of fun around your theme:
Option 1 - Traditional cake with decor
You can have traditional cakes but with:
- a few peacock related decors such as feathers, colored crystals..
- a fun wedding specific cake toppers related to peacocks (see this one)!
- Or you can personalize a traditional cake topper with your photo, names or peacock themed design
Option 2 - Theme-shaped cake
You can have a cake in a fun shape but with a much simpler topper so that it is not overwhelming:
Food / Menu
No specific suggestions in terms of food.
The menu can be printed on beautiful themed stationery:
If you are a bridesmaid, groomsman, or a parent of the happy couple, you may have to give a speech.
A great wedding speech makes people say ohhhhhh and laugh.
The ohhhh part will come from personal stories about the couple.
But to make the audience laugh, the theme can be very useful.
Here are some jokes you could include:
Don't forget to have a guest book for people to write you special message you will enjoy reading and re-reading later in life.
You can go with a traditional guest book or you can imagine something more unique and creative.
- have guests write with a peacock feather pen
- have people write on peacock post it note and place them on a wall / board in the shape of a tail
Activities - Entertainment - Music
And finally, to keep everyone entertain, you can plan for fun activities during the wedding.
Not all of them have to be related to your theme, but a few could be.
Here are some examples:
- A trivia challenge around peacocks
- Photo booth with peacock backdrop
- Henna tattoo station to create your own peacock like decor
- Peacock origami station
- Blue and green cocktails
See price and availability
Registry / wedding gift ideas
A registry is a curated list of gifts that a couple creates to make the wedding gift experience easier and more guided for their guests.
It is rarely related to the wedding theme and is more focused on building a home together.
You can create a traditional registry, including:
- entertaining furniture or tools (bar cart, wine decanter...)
- home decor
- garden and outdoor cooking supply
These can be created at:
- traditional shops
- on Amazon - see their Wedding registry system (which allows you to list from everything on the store!)
- online registries with cash options
- honeymoon registries
Don't forget to select products with various price points.
Or you can register for cash.
Other wedding events
Bridal showers and Bachelor Parties
The showers and parties don't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to carry out the theme, you could consider
- a peacock themed bridal shower too
- and Art Deco party - black with lots of deep colors and gold accents
- a private zoo visit with time with the peacocks
- a blue and green cocktail party
The rehearsal dinner doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to apply for it as well, you can use all the ideas already listed in this article.
Once again, the honeymoon doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But you can keep enjoying your passion.
You could consider:
- Sri Lanka or Java or Myanmar to see wild peacocks