Planning an enchanted forest themed wedding? Fantastic!
I want to help you infuse passion into your special day.
To make your research easier, I have gathered and created over 100 practical ideas (from details to big decisions) covering:
- enchanted forest themed wedding invitations,
- colors, decors and centerpieces,
- enchanted forest themed favors,
- ceremony and clothes,
- party details, cake toppers,
- and much more!
All you need to create an unforgettable enchanted forest wedding - simply magical!
Note - if you are looking for a broader choice of forest related ideas, check out my woodland and forest wedding article
This article contains affiliate Links (see Disclosure page). If you purchase using my link, I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Venue and colors
For an enchanted forest wedding theme, the natural beauty of a lush forest will mix with lights and fantasy touches that can be found in fairy tales.
It is all about natural texture and colors with a little bit of whimsical.
You can go into 2 main directions: romantic or moody.
Special venue ideas
You can have a enchanted wedding themed wedding anywhere. It is all in the decor.
However, you can consider venues that fit best with your theme, such as:
- If you choose and indoor version, opt for a location with a lot of natural tones or material - a barn with wood for example. This starts you off great to add the decor.
- Of course, forested venues will be idea - some might even have a lake or a pond which can be very romantic. However remember that mosquitoes love water! Being bitten during the entire wedding party might not be enjoyable - check out some forest suggestions in this article
- Or you can just have a garden with a few very old trees and make it work around them
One of the first decision to make it the color scheme since stationery, flowers, decors and all will be relating to that decision.
If you don't have any ideas, I recommend you look at invitations in the next section and see what appeals to you most.
- All the greens of course - leaves, grass, moss...
- Browns for the trunks and branches
- Natural colors and beige
- Accents of gold
- and then you can add a touch of one colors -
For a more natural forest theme the color should be too vivid for example Bronze or Rust for the oranges or Peacock of Spruce for the Blues.
But with the enchanted forest theme, you can go brighter like the colors of a butterfly or a fairy, maybe with some iridescence and also paster colors
Careful: I list a lot of ideas, but don't go overboard with your theme!
Enchanted forest themed wedding invitations
The invitations and the stationery are some of the most important ways to convey the enchanted forest theme of your wedding and how special it will be.
Design Elements to take into consideration to be in accordance with your theme are:
- The drawings or pictures -
Woodlands of course, but with some special lighting a lot of moss.
The forest must be vibrant and moody, with a sense of intrigue.
You can add fairies,
- The font -
All types of fonts can work with this theme.
- The shape -
The invitation will already have a lot of design element, there is no need to add a special shape.
- Special forest theme related words -
Follow the fireflies to the reception
Don't worry, no enchantment will turn you into frogs
Here are some inspiring examples.
Most have complete suites of enchanted forest themed wedding stationery.
Once opened, click on personalize to add your wedding's information :
glowing enchanTed forest wedding invitations
moody enchanTed forest wedding invitations
Abstract or more natural forest
And below is a snapshot of ideas for more natural forest or woodland themed wedding. Find more in this other article.
Or you can opt for themed but classic stationery options with your picture in the forest.
Here are some beautiful examples :
Don't forget to consider, as applicable, the:
- Save the date
- Wedding invitation
- RSVP cards
- Detail cards
- Bridal shower invitation
- Rehearsal dinner invitation
Stickers for the enveloppes
The details can also be important.
When the person received the invitation, seeing a special themed sticker or a wax sealed at the back of the envelope can already trigger excitement!
Here are some examples:
Other formal invitations
You can also have fun in relation to your proposal to be groomsmen, bridesmaids, best man, maid of honour, ring bearer, flower girl...
Here are some examples:
Enchanted forest wedding decors
Enchanted forest themed centerpieces ideas
It is with centerpieces that you can have a lot of fun around your theme.
I have tried to collect ideas that you can order, personalize or make yourself.
- a fairy house - purchased or created with wood and moss
- Moss laid out on the center of the table, with added decors such as 3D butterflies, fairy sculptures and ferns
- Fairy lanterns
- Pieces of cut wood
- Pine cones
- Glass vase filled with moss at the bottom and wood branches sticking up
- Garlands of fairy lights
- A miniature tree
- A terrarium filled with moss (and whimsical characters...)
- Candles (see next section)
Candles & holders
You can also add candles to add to the ambiance.
You can consider 3 types of candles to decorate your wedding:
- Candles with enchanted forest theme drawings, and your wedding date
- Candles with a picture of you in a forest, and your wedding date
- Simple candles just for lighting and mood
And if you don't want to risk of fire, but do want the ambiance, consider some flameless candles:
Table decor elements
The rest of the elements on the table can also be chosen around your theme.
But don't go overboard.
Always remember to remove one accessory when you are finished.
Consider choosing themed:
- Napkins in accordance with you stationary, or green / brown napkins with a wooden ring
- Name card holders into pieces of wood
- Table numbers or names with your theme - or wooden versions
- Table runners in forest green or natural colors and fibers
Decors for the rest of the rooms / venues
The table is not the only place where you can have fun with the decor.
All around the events, you can include small touches of Enchanted Forest decors such as:
- fairy garden sculptures
- garlands of fairy lights
- chinese lanterns (green indoors or white if hanging from trees)
- tree branches
- And "Enchanting wood" direction sign made on wood
- ferns hanging from the walls and ceilings
Greet your guests with a themed welcome sign:
And consider adding a backdrops to a wall, that an also be a place for cool pictures of the guests:
Your wedding is dominated by tree leaves and moss.
Here and there you can add simple wild flowers to add a touch of colors.
Ceremony and clothes
Officiant & program
If you are not going the traditional religious route, you can have fun with the officiant and the ceremony program.
Here are some ideas:
- An officiant dresses as a fairytale character - fairy, gnome, ogre...
- Create wedding programs in the same theme as your stationery
- If it takes place on a hot summer day, why not print you wedding programs on hand-fans!
Dress and clothes
Choose the dress you really want. This should not be about the theme, but about you. Wear what makes you happy!
- white or beige colors
- leaf-like lace or embroidery on the top
- flowy or layered in the bottom
- for a more vintage style, go with a high waist gown and covered arms
If you have chosen an accent color, use it for the dresses.
Otherwise consider: eucalyptus, or dusty pink or green.
A simple long flowy dress with thin straps would work well.
Groom and Groomsmen
Grey or natural color suits will fit write in and not clash with anything.
However, if your accent color is a blue, then a blue suit would be beautiful.
You can keep the clothes simple so that everyone feels comfortable and beautiful, but go a little wilder with accessories.
For the women, consider:
- Hairpieces with leaves - combs, pins, or headband
- Beautiful vine to mix with your hair do
- A crown of leaves or branches
- Green tone jewels
For the men, consider:
- Leafy boutonnière
- Butterfly brooch
- Forest themed socks - for a fun discreet nod
Cascading bouquet are the most "magical" for an enchanted forest theme.
No special suggestions for the ring itself.
But for the ring bearer to carry the rings, you can have fun:
Magical forest themed vows ideas
If you are writing your own vows, you can include some enchanted forest related words or sentences, to make the audience smile and your partner swoon.
Here are some ideas:
- I will follow up into the darkest part of the forest, through the rivers and up the mountains
- You are my firefly to follow into dark woods
- I want to run on the moss with you, I want to climb trees with you, I want to sit by the rivers with you...
We are entering this forest together; I will be full of magical moments. Sometimes the light will shine bright and other times, the path will look darker, but as long as we are together, we can face any enchantments.
- See quotes to inspire you
Fun Enchanted forest wedding photo ideas
Now, it's time to take pictures of the couple and the wedding party.
You will, of course, start with the classic pictures, but then you can also have fun.
Here are some ideas:
- Surrounded with fairies, gnomes and other magical beings
- Playing with perspectives for the bridal party to look like small creatures and the couple to look like giants
- Holding lanterns or candle and entering the forest
- In front of the backgrounds listed in the decor section
Magical forest wedding ideas for the party
Creating a fun seating chart is one of the easiest way to include your theme in your wedding.
Here are some ideas for enchanted forest themed seating charts:
- name the table after types of trees
- name the tables after enchanted creatures (fairies, gnomes, ogres...)
- write on pieces of wood and hang them on a board
- or simply add themed decorations to your seating chart:
Or you can keep a traditional-looking seating chart:
Cake shapes and enchanted forest cake toppers
With the cake, you can also have a lot of fun around your theme:
Option 1 - Traditional cake with decor
You can have traditional cakes but with:
- a few forested related decors such as trees, moss, mushrooms, fairies, animals..
- a fun cake toppers with bride and groom and trees!
- wooden cake toppers
- a cake topper made of branches (and maybe shaped as a heart)
- Or you can personalize a traditional cake topper with your photo, names or forest themed designs
Option 2 - Theme-shaped cake
You can have a cake in a fun shape but with a much simpler topper so that it is not overwhelming:
- A tree shaped cake
- Beautiful handmade edible forest decorations
Food / Menu
No specific suggestions in terms of food.
The menu can be printed on beautiful themed stationery:
If you are a bridesmaid, groomsman, or a parent of the happy couple, you may have to give a speech.
A great wedding speech makes people say ohhhhhh and laugh.
The ohhhh part will come from personal stories about the couple.
But to make the audience laugh, the theme can be very useful.
Here are some jokes you could include:
- As the saying goes, "good things come in trees", so in this forest, your wedding is off to a good start!
- Wooden you think?
- We are looking forward to hearing about your tales of adventure in forests around the world
- Like the forest, you union inspires peace and unison. Everything works together to create a magical home.
- See quotes to inspire you
- Or get inspired by this article with tree jokes and puns
Don't forget to have a guest book for people to write you special message you will enjoy reading and re-reading later in life.
You can go with a traditional guest book or you can imagine something more unique and creative.
- guests can write wooden cards than can be hanged on a cord or placed in a glass vase
- guests can write on a personalized guest book with forest decor
- guests can sign on small heart and place them in a wooden box
- guests can write on an old book looking like a fairy tale book
Activities - Entertainment - Music
And finally, to keep everyone entertain, you can plan for fun activities during the wedding.
Not all of them have to be related to your theme, but a few could be.
Here are some examples:
- A trivia challenge around forests
- Themed photo booth with forest props and the backdrop I listed earlier
- A station to learn to recognized trees or mushrooms
- Henna station to get temporary leaves and trees tattoos
- Find the tree / leaf bingo - where each box on the card includes a type of tree or leaf they can find in the decors (with a red dot on it, under a lantern...)
- Get one or several boards (chalk or white) to create forest or fairytale related word search games
- Get bliss advice from guests - leave a card at their seating place for them to write pieces of advice
Registry / wedding gift ideas
A registry is a curated list of gifts that a couple creates to make the wedding gift experience easier and more guided for their guests.
It is rarely related to the wedding theme and is more focused on building a home together.
You can create a traditional registry, including:
- entertaining furniture or tools (bar cart, wine decanter...)
- home decor
- garden and outdoor cooking supply
These can be created at:
- traditional shops
- on Amazon - see their Wedding registry system (which allows you to list from everything on the store!)
- online registries with cash options
- honeymoon registries
Don't forget to select products with various price points.
Or you can register for cash.
Or you can ask for a few gifts specific to your passion / theme:
- money towards a charity that protects forest or plant trees
Favors for enchanted forest wedding theme
Enchanted forest themed favors
It can be really fun to create favors that are products related to your xx theme or at least decorated with your themed designs or pictures.
Classic personalized favors
Or you can opt for the more traditional favors but that you personalize around the theme or just with pictures of you and the date of the wedding.
- match box (the perfect match)
- photo block
- hand sanitizer (spread love not germs)
- candy box
- mint box (mint to be)
- liquor bottle
- chocolate bar
Favor boxes and tags
Once again, you can personalize with a picture of your (themed or not) and find a box with decors related to your theme.
Here are some examples:
Other wedding events
Bridal showers and Bachelor Parties
The showers and parties don't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to carry out the theme, you could consider:
- a scavenger hunt in a forest
- a fairytale shower party
- a hiking adventure / outdoor adventure
The rehearsal dinner doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to apply for it as well, you can use all the ideas already listed in this article.
Once again, the honeymoon doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But you can keep enjoying your passion.
Some of the most beautiful forest in the World include:
- Monteverde cloud forest in Costa Rica
- Daintree rainforest in Australia
- The Amazon rainforest
- Bwindi impenetrable forest in Uganda (with primates)
- Arashiyama Bamboo Grove in Japan
Check out other nature / botanical wedding themes:
- Sunflower - see ideas
- Cherry Blossom - see ideas
- Woodland or Forest - see ideas
- Mountain (incl. hiking) - see ideas
- See all nature / botanical wedding themes