Planning a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding? Fantastic!
I want to help you infuse passion into your special day.
To make your research easier, I have gathered and created over 100 ideas (from details to big decisions) covering:
- themed wedding invitations,
- colors, decors and centerpieces,
- Beauty and the Beast themed favors,
- ceremony and clothes,
- party details, cake toppers,
- and much more!
All you need to create an unforgettable Beauty and the Beast wedding!
This article contains affiliate Links (see Disclosure page). If you purchase using my link, I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Venue and colors
Special venue ideas
You can have a Beauty in the Beast themed wedding anywhere. It is all in the decor, bringing the details of your favorite childhood story can be so much fun: rose centerpieces, clocks, candle sticks...
However, you can consider venues that fit best with your theme, such as:
- Castle or castle-like
- A large Ballroom area
- a place with an impressive staircase
- Maybe one of the most iconic details would be french doors with draping
One of the first decision to make it the color scheme since stationery, flowers, decors and all will be relating to that decision.
If you don't have any ideas, I recommend you look at invitations in the next section and see what appeals to you most.
- White and intense red for the red rose and accents of gold
- The blue from the beast costume with yellow for Belle's dress
- The blue from the beast costume with gold accent
Careful: I list a lot of ideas, but don't go overboard with your theme!
Beauty and the Beast themed wedding invitations
The invitations and the stationery are some of the most important ways to convey the xx theme of your wedding and how special it will be.
Design Elements to take into consideration to be in accordance with your theme are:
- The drawings or pictures -
The imagery from this story is very strong. There is no shortage of ideas to design your Beauty and the Beast wedding stationery: roses, clocks, books, tea cup, candelebra...
- The font -
You can go with beautiful calligraphy font or medieval looking ones for part of the text.
Elegance is key.
- The shape -
If you want to go all the way, you can also choose a shape that fits the story such as the rose dome (see example) or a cut of the famous couple (see example)
- Special Beauty and the Beast theme related words -
"Be our guest" is the most famous sentence to associate with the story
And you can of course use "once upon a time". It is a classic.
"Don't you see? She us the one."
Come see us break the spell
Here are some inspiring examples.
Most have complete suites of Beauty and the Beast themed wedding stationery.
Once opened, click on personalize to add your wedding's information :
Or you can opt for themed but classic stationery options with your picture in the wedding colors or dresses as the characters.
Here are some beautiful examples :
Don't forget to consider, as applicable, the:
- Save the date
- Wedding invitation
- RSVP cards
- Bridal shower invitation
- Rehearsal dinner invitation
Other fun elements
The details can also be important.
When the person received the invitation, seeing a special themed sticker or a wax sealed at the back of the envelope can already trigger excitement!
Here are some examples:
Other formal invitations
You can also have fun in relation to your proposal to be groomsmen, bridesmaids, best man, maid of honour, ring bearer...
Beauty and the beast wedding decors
Beauty and the Beast themed centerpieces ideas
It is with centerpieces that you can have a lot of fun around your theme.
I have tried to collect ideas that you can order, personalize, or make yourself.
- The most classic one is very elegant: the rose in a glass dome (cloche). You can find many versions but those including a few lights are best for the ambiance through the night.
- For a less classic version of it, you can choose a gold terrarium and place a fresh red rose inside (either a tall one with the stem, or smaller one with just the head).
- A stack of old looking books as Belle loves to read - maybe spread some rose petals around (careful with the fresh ones, they can turn quickly)
- Dramatic candles and candlesticks (see next section) in a nod to Lumière
- Use of a teapot for your floral arrangement
You can also add candles to add to the ambiance.
You can consider 3 types of candles to decorate your wedding:
- Candles with Beauty and the Beast themed drawings, and your wedding date
- Candles with a picture of you dressed, and your wedding date
- Or an impressive candelabra for the fun character that is Lumière in the story - in can be a classic 3 arms or you can choose your own elegant version
And if you don't want to risk of fire, but do want the ambiance, consider some flameless candles:
Other table decor elements
The rest of the elements on the table can also be chosen around your theme.
But don't go overboard.
Always remember to remove one accessory when you are finished.
Consider choosing themed:
- Name card holders
- Table numbers or names - cards with themed decors
- Gold table number and menu holders
- Gold table ware
- Wine bottle labels
- Table runners
Other decor elements
The table is not the only place where you can have fun with the decor.
All around the events, you can include small touches of Beauty and the Beast decor such as:
- Old carriage / Antique style clocks to represent the character of Cogsworth - but make sure they don't make noise ticking!
- Backdrops reminding of the theme
- Welcome / be our guest signs
- Old looking books spread in the room
- Rose petals spread in the room
- Draping along the windows
- Tea cups and tea pots
- Hand mirrors
And consider adding a backdrops to a wall, that an also be a place for cool pictures of the guest:
Red roses will be the obvious choice here in the bouquet as well as in the decoration.
You can stay simple with only some red roses and lots of greenery so as not to overwhelm.
You can also go for red and white flowers or red and yellow.
Favors for Beauty and the Beast wedding theme
Beauty and the Beast themed favors
It can be really fun to create favors that are products related to your theme or at least decorated with related designs or pictures.
Classic personalized favors
Or you can opt for the more traditional favors but that you personalize around the theme or just with pictures of you and the date of the wedding.
- match box (the perfect match)
- photo block
- hand sanitizer (spread love not germs)
- candy box
- mint box (mint to be)
- liquor bottle
- chocolate bar
Favor boxes and tags
Once again, you can personalize with a picture of your (themed or not) and find a box / bag with decors related to your theme.
Here are some examples:
Officiant & program
If you are not going the traditional religious route, you can have fun with the officiant and the ceremony program.
Here are some ideas:
- You can have fun with the officiant dress as one of the characters apart from Belle and the Prince
- He/she can read from and old looking manuscript / book
- The ceremony arch can be surrounded by red and white roses
Beauty and the Beast themed vows - fun ideas
If you are writing your own vows, you can include some xx related words or sentences, to make the audience smile and your partner swoon.
Here are some ideas:
- "You have come to break the spell"
- "Can anybody be happy if they aren't free?" - With you I am happy, because I am free to be myself
- As Belle says, "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - but both my eyes and mind have fallen in love
- "You are the wildest, most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen! "
- "How does a moment last forever? How can a story never die?
It is love we must hold on to, never easy, but we try"
- See quotes from the story
Dress and clothes
Choose the dress you really want. This should not be about the theme but about you. Wear what makes you happy!
You can go traditional or can go all the way into the theme.
- Long dresses
- A beautiful white gown with red or deep blue accessories and gold accents
- A yellow dress but with a more contemporary style
- A golden dress
- A costume copy dress if you want to go all the way
Bridesmaid's dress should remain simple.
You can pick a vibrant red or a yellow if you decide to keep white for the bride's dress.
GROOM AND GROOMSMEN
Again, several options are available:
- a classic suit with touches of red / gold
- a white suit with touches or red
- a deep blue suit to remind of what the beast wears
- a costume similar to what the beast wears if you want to go all the way
You can keep the clothes simple so that everyone feels comfortable and beautiful, but go a little wilder with accessories.
For the women, consider:
- Red rose details on shoes
- Red rose hair accessories
- Red / Blue roses jewelry
- a cape instead of a veil
- a very simple flower crown
- gold branches and leaves like she has in the movie with the yellow gown
For the men, consider:
- Rose boutonnière
- Beauty and the beast socks
- Golden cufflinks
- a simple white and red rose bouquet
- a simple yellow and red rose bouquet (see example)
- a simple yellow and gold rose bouquet (see example)
- or blue and white / blue and yellow depending on your wedding colors (see example)
- a more extravagant flowing bouquet of greenery with a few white or red roses (see example or this one)
No special suggestions for the Ring.
But for the ring bearer to carry the rings, you can have fun:
- a wooden box
- a yellow pillow - if you have not been incorporated yellow in your wedding decors, this is the perfect place to have a simple touch of yellow that won't overwhelm
- or inside a candelabra (without candles)
- or withe a special rose ring holder
Fun Beauty and the Beast wedding photo ideas
Now, it's time to take pictures of the couple and the wedding party.
You will, of course, start with the classic pictures, but then you can also have fun.
Here are some ideas:
- With a beast mask
- With ancient books
- With grand dancing
- With costumes and props
- on horses, as they play an important role in the story
The Beauty and the Beast wedding ideas for the party
Transportation between the events or just for the last 500 yards can be related to your theme. You can make a grand entrance!
You can consider:
- on a horse
- in a horse-drown carriage
Creating a fun seating chart is one of the easiest way to include your theme in your wedding.
Here are some ideas for Beauty and the Beast themed seating charts:
- Name the table after the characters in the story
- Write each table and names on a dome shaped paper and attach it to the chart with a rose petal glued on
- Write each table and names on a paper looking like an old book
- Create name cards on the table and assign the picture of one character to each guest - have fun choosing the best character for each!
Cake shapes and Beauty and the Beast cake toppers
With the cake, you can also have a lot of fun around your theme:
Option 1 - Traditional cake with decor
You can have traditional cakes but with:
- a few Beauty and the Beast related decors such as red rose petals, tea cups..
- a red roe cake topper
- a fun cake toppers with bride and groom as the characters!
- literal figurines from the story
- Or you can personalize a traditional cake topper with your photo, names or themed designs
Option 2 - Theme-shaped cake
You can have a cake in a fun shape but with a much simpler topper so that it is not overwhelming:
- Red rose looking cupcakes
- Castle looking cake
- Elegant golden decor to remind of the castle decor
- see examples
Food / Menu
No specific suggestions in terms of food.
The menu can be printed on beautiful themed stationery.
If you are a bridesmaid, groomsman, or a parent of the happy couple, you may have to give a speech.
A great wedding speech makes people say ohhhhhh and laugh.
The ohhhh part will come from personal stories about the couple.
But to make the audience laugh, the theme can be very useful.
Here are some jokes you could include:
- OMG, you can have so much fun with the groom being the beast
- "She grows to love him, despite what her family might think : for his charm and education, his knowledge of art and his sensitive heart.” here you can joke about the first impressions from the family or his knowledge of art...
- I wish for you to "adventure in the great wide somewhere"
- “You don’t have time to be timid. You must be bold, daring.”
- Or get inspired by those quotes from the story
Don't forget to have a guest book for people to write you special message you will enjoy reading and re-reading later in life.
You can go with a traditional guest book or you can imagine something more unique and creative.
- cut pieces of red paper or colorful papers to look like rose petal - have guests write on them and drop them in a transparent vase
- have a guest book that looks like an old-looking book
Activities - Entertainment - Music
And finally, to keep everyone entertain, you can plan for fun activities during the wedding.
Not all of them have to be related to your theme, but a few could be.
Here are some examples;
- A trivia challenge around the Beauty and the Beast
- A modified version of him and her (asking questions with situations...) - where each partner says who behaves like the beast or the beauty
- A dance like the ballroom dance scene
- A teapot tribute
- Have afternoon tea instead of cocktail hour
Registry / wedding gift ideas
A registry is a curated list of gifts that a couple creates to make the wedding gift experience easier and more guided for their guests.
It is rarely related to the wedding theme and is more focused on building a home together.
You can create a traditional registry, including:
- entertaining furniture or tools (bar cart, wine decanter...)
- home decor
- garden and outdoor cooking supply
Don't forget to select products with various price points.
Or you can register for cash.
Other wedding events
Bridal showers and Bachelor Parties
The showers and parties don't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to carry out the theme, consider:
- horse riding experience
- visiting a wolf sanctuary
- a big dance party
The rehearsal dinner doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But if you want to apply for it as well, you can use all the ideas already listed in this article.
Once again, the honeymoon doesn't have to be related to your theme.
But you can keep enjoying your passion.
You could consider:
- Visiting the Châteaux de la Loire in France - Chambord is the castle that inspired the tale
- Disney World
Check out other fairytale and literature wedding themes:
- Alice in Wonderland - see ideas
- Cinderella - see ideas
- See all culture wedding themes